It’s that time again, dry winter skin. I’ve listed a few dry skin care tips that should bring you some relief. Take a few moments to look them over.
- Limit your bath or shower time to 5 to 10 minutes with the bathroom door closed. Long baths or showers, especially in hot water, increase the loss of natural oils from the skin. The closed door will hold in the moisture. Choose short showers over baths.
- Your water should be warm not hot. Hot water will cause dry skin, also excessively hot water produces broken capillaries.
- Use a gentle, fragrance free cleanser Avoid ingredients like sodium lauryl sulfate. Avoid deodorant, antibacterial and perfume soap.
- Next use your big fluffy towel to blot your skin dry. While your skin is still damp, trap the moisture in by liberally apply a moisturizing cream.
- Apply moisturizing creams, emollients or ointments moisturizers several times a day. They protect damaged and sensitive skin and make skin softer and smoother. They preserve natural skin lipids and limit dehydration trapping and sealing water in the stratum corneum.
- Use a cream instead of a lotion.
- Look for a cream or ointment that contains an oil such as olive oil or jojoba oil.
- Protect your skin’s natural oils by avoiding skin care products that contain alcohol, perfume fragrances, retinoids, or alpha-hydroxy acid.
- Wear gloves, hats, and scarves in the winter.
- Use a humidifier in your home to help maintain the air moisturized during the winter and in dry weather.
Elderly Skin Care and Aging
- Use moisturizers, like lotions, creams, or ointments, every day.
- Take fewer baths or showers and use milder soap. Warm water is less drying than hot water. Don't add bath oil to your water. It can make the tub too slippery.
- Try using a humidifier, an appliance that adds moisture to a room.
Squalane For Dry Skin
Neova Squalane is a light botanical natural oil, derived from Spanish Olives. This light and fast-absorbing natural oil deeply hydrates and soothes dry skin conditions.
- Protects skin’s Natural Moisture Function (NMF) barrier*
- Boost the skin’s hydration level
- Increases skin's ability to retain moisture
- Soothes and softens rough, dry skin
- Conditions eye lashes and helps to prevent breakage.
- Adds moisture without the greasy feel.
Do you have any tips for dry winter? Share your favorite, I shared mine.