What is a Skin Care Coach?
- A state licensed esthetician who helps you achieve your personal skincare goals.
- Your coach is professionally trained skin care specialist, licensed by the state to perform corrective facials, rejuvenating treatments, chemical peels and other aesthetic services.
- Your coach has a thorough knowledge of the histology of skin,
- Your coach will understand the difference between skin types and skin conditions.
- Your coach will "listen to you" and assist you in finding solutions to your skin care concerns. Educate you in the best corrective methods and the direction you should take to solve your problems.
- A skin care coach will make product and facial services recommentions. How to choose the best facial products for your skin, personalize your home care routine and instruct you on their usages.
- If the need arises to seek outside dermatology specialists, your coach will help you do your reseach.
Lois, Your Skin Care Coach - A license Esthetician
With over 20 years experience, you can be confident you'll receive professional skin care coaching.
In-house skin care products purchases are not necessary to receive the consultations services offered.
Skin Care Coaching Services
- Create a strategy for skin care goals
- Advice on achieving set goals
- Create a morning and evening skin care routine
- Recommendations of topical products
- Recommendations for professional aesthetic and medical treatments.
- On-going skin care product assistance, training and education
Partial list of skin care goals to consider:
- Repair hyperpigmentation
- Reduce dry flaky skin
- Reduce blackheads
- Reduce breakout
- Know what products to use
- Smoother skin
- Stop inflammation and irritation
Basic Coaching Session
1. Skin Care Product and Skin Care History Assessment
- Current skin product evaluation
- Questions & Answer Discussion
2. Hands-On Skin Evaluation
- Pores examined
- Skin’s moisture level checked
- Skin sensitivity and sun damage evaluated
3. Follow-up Emails With Recommend Suggestions
- Appropriate home care routine to achieve skin care goals discussed during consultation.
1 hour session *90
30 minutes $75.
In the case of hyperpigmentation. There is a general misconception that you can miraculously get rid of hyperpigmentation instantly with just one or two skin care treatments or one skin care product with a magic ingredient. I’m sorry to say that that’s the case. Read There's No Magic Bullet In Skin Care
The excessive pigmentation is what everyone calls hyperpigmentation, is the results of an “injury” to the skin. Triggered by an internal or external cause. Read What is hyperpigmentation?
Once the skin has been damaged, the skin will continue producing excessive melanin from melanocytes. Steps must be taken not only to block pigment production, but also block the transport of melanin from melanocytes. This has to be done consistently on a daily basis. This takes time…..
- First, you have to determine the cause and type of the hyperpigmentation.
- Next, you select the correct combination melanin control ingredients and/or skin lighteners.
- Finally, establish a clinical treatment program to address your skin type and the type of hyperpigmentation.
The best prevention against excessive pigmentation is sun protection. Wearing daily sun protection of SPF 30 must become part of your lifestyle. It’s important to realize without it, any hyperpigmentation regimen will fail.
In addition, example your cosmetics and grooming products. Seemingly harmless grooming activities can contribute to pigmentation. For example, using an aftershave lotion, spraying a scented body lotion or perfume to areas of the skin like the jaw, neck, décolleté, arm or leg When they are exposed to ultraviolet light it could be problematic when working with stubborn pigmentation. Some of the products contain chemicals which sensitize the skin to UV light, consequently having a sunburn effect.
In essence, when it comes to correcting pigmentation problems you have to play detective, do your homework and consistent with your skin care regime.
As your Skin Care Coach, you and I can make it happen.